Monday, July 17, 2006

I slept real well last night after a day full of weird luck. I went to the Palo Alto UU church for their service yesterday, found my old nametag (which still has a sticker that says "Ask Me About Being A SHYG Advisor!"), and talked to a bunch of folks who were happy to see me back. I was invited to lunch with the Adventurers (the so-called young adult group which is full of forty-somethings) but I declined on the number of errands i had to do. I should have said yes, though, so next time I will.

Anyway, I went to try and get some sandals from the new REI, which wasn't open yet. So i wandered down to East/West Bookstore (a really cool alternative spirituality bookstore in downtown Mountain View) and found some books on Saint Francis, who apparently was a pretty cool saint - a mystic, and pretty much an anarchist in his attitudes towards money and power. It makes me like my middle name a lot more - I never found it to be fitting as I was growing up, and as I rejected Catholicism I grew tired of it. I'll definitely be reading up a bit more on him while I'm traveling.

As I was in East/West, I got a call from my friend Jesse from high school, and so I rode up to Menlo Park to have a late lunch with him. On my way up, I rode past Eric Colton's house and happened upon him loading things into his car! We hung out for a bit at his house and joined up with Jesse for pizza. Afterwards, I rode around trying to get sandals and found nothing, so I rode over to Burgess Park to join Eric and a group of Latino kids for a soccer game. I'm really amazed that my soccer skills are decent after having 1. not played for years and 2. never been considered good at sports. I can juggle the ball on my knees! Sweet!

Today I still have all my errands to do. I need a calling card, sandals, stuff to repair pants and make prayer flags with, two books, to sort out my traveling wardrobe according to color theory and being a dirty hippie, and to quit drinking so god damn much unpasteurized apple cider from Gowan's Oak Tree that it gives me a stomach ache.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm Gowan's....

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jiling 林基玲 said...

(and update your portfolio site, man!)

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home