Saturday, August 12, 2006

Joys and Concerns.



Summer's End so far is basically everything good about conferences. Forty of us live for the week in a huge boarding house on top of a hill in New Hampshire. We have an art barn full of paints, pastels, and paper; and farm animals, and a swimming lake and a tire swing, and a big kitchen where we have dance parties at night. We have a huge library, including books people have brought, and a wealth of old New England zines. We're listening to some really good jazz. I'm wearing a skirt and a t-shirt that I sewed together yesterday. I feel incredible.

But with sadness I must report that, barring any further developments, I will be traveling solo for the rest of the summer, as my traveling-buddy-to-be Joyce suffered quite a fall in the Sierra. She is reported to be recovering quickly, which is fantastic. I just checked my email, and even with broken wrists she can still type (although the poetics are more in the e.e. cummings style)! Best wishes to her and everyone in Los Angeles taking care of her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jiling 林基玲 said...

tank in a skirt. do send aphoto! :)

we shall travel together again in the future!!!

luv j

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home