Sunday, October 15, 2006

The next couple weeks I'll be retracing the steps I took as I left California, and placing down roots for the next two months and years. I biked over the Santa Cruz mountains Friday, and I've been here around UCSC since that evening. That evening the Bike Church was lively, and at the Saturn Cafe, Dan sighted me walking in as he was sitting at the counter chowing down on french fries before work. After an FLT and onion rings, I went down to Seabright to dip my feet in with the sunset - to the Pacific, over to the Atlantic, and now back into the Pacific.

I met up with Tim, Frank, Flo and her friend Molly yesterday, and we climbed Tree #9 - which is probably the most perfect climbing tree I have seen. It is absolutely terrifying the first time: not being an experienced tree-climber, I stalled at a couple points, not trusting my ability to swing myself up further - but I made it about halfway up the 100 foot tree.

Today, we're going back into the forest to see a Ghost Mice concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home