the river is flowing
rolling and flowing
the river is flowing
down to the sea.
oh, mother, carry me
your child i will always be
oh, mother, carry me
down to the sea.
I'm back in Brattleboro after an incredible week at Summer's End, an incredibly vibrant and deep community that I hope to return to next year as a staff member. I wish i could write more about the camp but I only have so much time on the internet here at the Brattleboro library. I think it will suffice to say that there is no other community like our little utopian cult in the mountains of New Hampshire.
Highlights of the week include: amazing family groups, skinny dipping, finding two skirts i like, making t-shirts and patches, figuring out how to play hacky sack with ice cream scoops...
I crashed last night at Molly Llama's and Feather's studio space, in a building downtown which houses a DIY punk venue called the Tinder Box. There was a great show here last night, and about a dozen Summer's End folks came out to see Pat the Bunny's band play, along with a couple other solo musicians who were touring through. A couple folks dumpstered at the food co-op earlier, so we have fresh fruit and bread in the kitchen. I'll probably be camping for the rest of the weekend down by the river with Ian and Carrie and whoever else is living/camping down there. After that, my plan is to bike down to NYC to visit with folks.
rolling and flowing
the river is flowing
down to the sea.
oh, mother, carry me
your child i will always be
oh, mother, carry me
down to the sea.
I'm back in Brattleboro after an incredible week at Summer's End, an incredibly vibrant and deep community that I hope to return to next year as a staff member. I wish i could write more about the camp but I only have so much time on the internet here at the Brattleboro library. I think it will suffice to say that there is no other community like our little utopian cult in the mountains of New Hampshire.
Highlights of the week include: amazing family groups, skinny dipping, finding two skirts i like, making t-shirts and patches, figuring out how to play hacky sack with ice cream scoops...
I crashed last night at Molly Llama's and Feather's studio space, in a building downtown which houses a DIY punk venue called the Tinder Box. There was a great show here last night, and about a dozen Summer's End folks came out to see Pat the Bunny's band play, along with a couple other solo musicians who were touring through. A couple folks dumpstered at the food co-op earlier, so we have fresh fruit and bread in the kitchen. I'll probably be camping for the rest of the weekend down by the river with Ian and Carrie and whoever else is living/camping down there. After that, my plan is to bike down to NYC to visit with folks.


1 Comments:
do you have any idea how extremely envious I am of that last sentence? :P enjoy! sounds like you are living it up! give love to all those ny people for me!!
luv,j
Post a Comment
<< Home