Thursday, October 19, 2006

Los Angeles! (?)

I bussed back to Los Angeles yesterday evening, having been gone for over four months. It hasn't changed too much: drivers are notoriously flighty or angry (I was almost run down this afternoon by an angry old white man who screamed "Jaywalker!" as I enjoyed my legal right-of-way), the city is noisy and polluted, and the Santa Ana winds make the air so dry that I was desperately in need of tears to flow as I arrived in Hollywood.

But aside from the suppressed anger that this city clenches so strongly onto, the atmosphere is fairly laid back out in public, and its great to see old friends again after being away. My doubts that I would ever be able to live in this city again seem to be weak, as I feel very comfortable that I could, and am, getting back into the swing of things here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home