Wednesday, September 13, 2006

We did a maple syrup tasting last night. That, my friends, is the essence of Vermont.

I'll be in Southern Vermont until about Tuesday, at which point I'm aiming for the Common Ground Fair in Maine (most likely, hitching, because its free), to volunteer during setup and have fun at the fair for a couple days. It's a really nutty crunchy fair - basically it produces no waste (like the Davis Whole Earth Festival). Gonna be awesome!

I'm aiming to be home in Northern California by the middle of October. My grandpa is not doing so well, so I'm really needed around the house. I think I'm going to learn to drive while I'm living in Gilroy , so that I can pitch in - but I'm going to do as many errands as possible on bike. I also have various cheese and beer and mead making that I want to do, and cooking and baking experimentation, and artmaking, and conference planning, and journal writing, and, and... lots of occupations! I'm excited about all the new things I'm going to do this fall.

Still praying for the leaves to change early. Maybe I'll hitch north before I hitch across to Maine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home